Mediathek - The ULTIMATE Entertainment Library, personal belongings & Inventory manager
- 001 - I have a previous Mediathek release installed, how to
upgrade without troubles ?
- 002 - How to obtain my Mediathek software license key ?
- 003 - Can I save my Mediathek software + data onto a cd-rom ?
- 004 - Which Windows versions are supported by Mediathek ?
001 - I have a previous Mediathek release installed, how to upgrade without troubles ?
Mediathek upgrades will be done without troubles, but here are a few recommandations :
- Make a backup copy of all your Mediathek files : documents (.medx) and your picture files
- Uninstall your previous release of the software
- Install the latest Mediathek release
- Restore all your picture files into Mediathek special picture folders (if you had set you own folders, then restore your settings from Mediathek Preferences window)
- Restore your old website.ini , people.xml and lending log files into a shared folder.
002 - How to obtain my Mediathek software license key ?
As soon as payment confirmation has been done, it is necessary to send
to the software author the registration request file, so that license
key can be generated and sent back. To do so, use the Register option
from Mediathek HELP menu and fill all requested information. This
procedure has to be done from the system/computer from which Mediathek
will be used.
Mediathek will ask to locate a folder where to save the registration
request file named REGISTER.TXT and finally confirm the file full path
on your computer. Then, this file as to be sent as an attachement from
your mailing software.
003 - Can I save my Mediathek software + data onto a cd-rom ?
You can make a backup copy of your Mediathek data onto a Cd-rom or any medium, but the application folders & files must not be saved because they could not be restored properly without a new installation. Backuping your data must include the Mediathek installer software (.MSI) with your Mediathek data: documents (.MED), settings files (.INI), license key (REGKEY.KEY) and pictures folders.
004 - Which Windows versions are supported by Mediathek ?
Mediathek 7.x is designed and verified to run under Windows XP, as well as 32-bit + 64-bit editions of Windows VISTA and Windows 7. Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 have been tested successfully but are not supported. Mediathek release 7.X is designed for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit editions (32-bit release runs also under Windows XP/VISTA).
Software setup may require administrative rights. Application documents and samples are stored within a Mediathek folder located in Public Documents